Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intermarche Palumbo blocking access for those with disabilities
Those with disabilities are blocked from exiting and entering Inter marche Palumbo 9190 Rue Airlie LaSalle, H8R2A5 Montreal Quebec. Complaints have been made time after time. still nothing done! ranting ranting ranting I wonder if this is illegal since there not respecting Fire safety measures for wheelchairs?

Quote:Shared from Facebook credit goes to = James-Ian Morgan

-Lasalle - 
This disabled lady in an electric wheelchair was waiting outside this grocery store because they have the entrance where wheelchairs can normally pass blocked with a padlock and chains. I asked the woman if this happens often, she said "all the time". This is unacceptable and maybe even illegal. I complained inside and somebody came out and let her in. The staff was friendly and helpful, however this is poor decision making on the part of Management. The woman said she has repeatedly made complaints to management about the entrance being barricaded however nothing has changed. Management is more concerned about the theft of shopping carts than the disabled members of our community. This is ableist and absolutely unacceptable for her to have to wait outside every time she needs to grocery shop. Please share or call and complain to Inter marche Palumbo (514) 364-9995. Let's get this fixed.

==================
Everything happens for a reason.
You shall reap what you sow.
Thanks given by:
i've spoken with Loblaws and they do seem very concerned and there going to follow up with me shortly on there Facebook page!
==================
Thanks given by:
Yesterday somebody had problems at the exact same store entering with a stroller and baby...read the full story below

Quote:Shared from Facebook credit goes to = Kevin Demers-Stephens

==================
Thanks given by:
Thanks to everyone for sharing this on the internet and on Social Media...thanks also to Loblaws for reaching out to us!

**UPDATE**

THE CHAINS HAVE BEEN REMOVED
==================
Thanks given by:

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Anonymous (09-06-2019, 12:40 PM), Mark (11-03-2019, 04:45 AM), Admin (09-05-2019, 01:21 PM)