Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cik telecom internet throttling

High Speed DSL Contract: 15/10 - Montreal Quebec.
Throttling uploads from cik telecom! We had 7mbps upload data (dry loop DSL) in our place for over 10 years with 4 different internet companies, zero throttling!  Once I suspected that cik telecom was throttling our upload speed i called them up to now over 50 times. I told them to give me back the 7mbps upload speed and there answer was No my internet wiring is bad. They have me at 2mbps upload max and told me if I am not happy to go with another ISP.  I called up BELL and a BELL technician told me that my internet line was good for 7 mbps upload and even a bit higher. cik telecom lowers there customers upload speeds than advertised! 

I can confirm cik telecom is throttling upload speeds! 
BE WARNED !!!!!

Thanks given by:

Here is the definition of throttling:

Bandwidth throttling is the intentional slowing or speeding of an Internet service by an Internet service provider (ISP). It is a reactive measure employed in communication networks to regulate network traffic and minimize bandwidth congestion. Bandwidth throttling can occur at different locations on the network.

http://www.canadianisp.ca/cgi-bin/isp_co...&ispid=150

Cik Telecom: "Are you calling me a liar?"

Evidence suggests that the proof is in the speed-test picture in the first post above (UPLOAD SPEED)
Thanks given by:

I have just contacted CRTC to file my complaint ....Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications ... - CRTC (here is the proof below)

I have also filed my complaint on DSLReports
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r3206252...load-Speed
Thanks given by:

So today a CIK technician came to my place in the afternoon switched the modem, now im not only getting a higher ping but lower on the upload speed!

Thanks given by:

https://www.ciktel.com/InternetPlans/FiberLiteInternet

As you can see Cik Telecom is selling plans at 15 download and 10 upload as advertised on cik telecom website.

I just got off the phone with a Bell Technician to get to the bottom of all of this. Bell told me they can't supposedly provide higher then 2.2 upload because my connection at the address I'm living has  a bandwidth cap on the upload speed. So the advertising on Cik telecom is false and my speed is truly being throttled! If i was getting 7.5 for the first 6 months with Cik Telecom (and 12 years before) living at the very same address and POOF all of sudden out of no where my upload speed drops more 80% who is fooling who here?  Dodgy

Cik Telecom keeps telling me over the phone and by email that all of a sudden my apartment complex has bad wiring to my modem.  Big Grin  If this was true why haven't they sent a Bell technician by now?  Big Grin

Jack Don Manager of Cik telecom has been blaming the wiring situation to my apartment.  I have had a cik techncian come to my address and change the modem. That obviously did nothing!  Big Grin 
Jack Don also told me to change the dsl wire from the modem because it's bad, i took out the old phone jack and replaced with a new one, that obviously did nothing!  Big Grin 
Jack Don comments are ignorant click here, and it shows his lack of understanding for Cik Telecom customers! Confused 

How does CIK TELECOM provide quality service to it's customers when they lie to customers  Huh  

If you call CIK TELECOM or visit their website it says CUSTOMER IS KING  "BULLSHIT" ! finger

Cik Telecom says i have all these wiring issues, so i just told them on the phone if that is the case get a BELL TECHNICIAN to come to my place to find out where the problem is, (All Internet providers would honestly do this)  but CIK TELELCOM told me they will NOT contact BELL to send a TECHNICIAN to come to my place!  Dodgy  CIK TELECOM refuses to send a BELL TECH here at my place, just proves 100% that my upload speed is truly being throttled!
Thanks given by:

Who read this thread?
3 User(s) read this thread:
Admin (11-06-2018, 08:12 PM), Mark (08-02-2018, 05:14 PM), Sam (08-08-2018, 11:35 AM)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CIK Telecom referral | THE END IS NEAR! Mark 0 596 11-04-2017, 08:59 PM
Last Post: Mark
  Internet Companies know how to screw us Canadians Over Anonymous 0 508 01-29-2017, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Anonymous