Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cik telecom internet throttling
https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comment...lecom_isp/
==================
Everything happens for a reason.
You shall reap what you sow.
Thanks given by:
There it is in black and white Cik Telecom throttles/traffic shapes it's internet customers QC & ON in the evening hours 

This is coming from me and thousands of other Canadians we are asking pretty-please can CIK TELECOM stop lying too your customers across Quebec and Ontario. The CRTC & CCTS need to step up to the plate and outline NET NEUTRALITY and what is the penalty for internet providers that continue to mislead & lie to it's canadian internet customers.
==================
Thanks given by:
This complaint was posted on reddit website not long ago Jan 12, 2020 

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:dyVm58OeFKkJ:https://www.reddit.com/r/toronto/comments/eq9igr/cik_telecom_throttling_internet_speeds_and/+&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Quote:CIK Telecom Throttling Internet Speeds and Shaping Internet Traffic

I have recently noticed that my internet speed for certain websites have been noticeably slower than other sites, regardless of the time of the day. When I checked my internet speed on speedtest and various other speed test sites, I have been getting 75/10mbps, which is the correct internet speed for my plan. The main issue is that I am the only user of the internet in my household and I am unable of getting video streaming quality of more than 1080P. For example, when I stream on YouTube, I get decent loading times for 1080P video, however, when I change the quality to 1440P or 4K, the video stutters and buffers every few seconds. This is extremely odd considering my internet speed is 75mbps download and should be more than enough to handle streaming in Ultra HD quality.
I decided to conduct various tests on the sites I was experiencing this slowdown. I have tried playing Ultra HD and 4K video on various streaming sites such as YouTube and Netflix, however, my internet connection speed would not be fast enough to play the video without stuttering or buffering. However, when I used a VPN (located in Toronto) on the same sites, I experienced seamless playback and there was no stuttering or buffering on the video. I have conducted this test several times, on different devices, and during different times of the day. The VPN connection was faster than a Non-VPN connection EVERYTIME. This suggest there is evidence of internet throttling or traffic shaping that CIK is using to intentionally slow down my internet for certain sites.
After my discovery of this issue, I contacted a senior technical support staff. He walked me through various tests and concluded that there were no issues with my internet. When I asked about if CIK throttles internet, he stated that CIK does not throttle internet or shape traffic in anyway.
I will soon file my complaint to senior management and escalate to CCTS (Commission for Complaints for Telecom-television Services) if necessary.
I have been with CIK Telecom for several years and overall their customer service and internet reliability has been poor. I would not recommend CIK to anyone and I am seriously considering switching ISPs.
Does anyone else have relatable experiences with CIK Telecom?
==================
Thanks given by: